Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ammending Data in Field

Hi

New to crystal reports, but familiar with access.

I have been asked to ammend a label that is generated using Crystal 8.5.

Couple of questions:

(1) I cannot see any of the fields for the report, even when I lasso the entire report all I can see is the outline for each box - how can I change this?

(2) For one particular field I have been asked to add a barcode to this. I have the barcode font, and I have copied the exisiting field and changed the font. However, I need to add an '*' to the beginning and end of the exisitng component number - how can I do this?

(3) In the component field, I need to be able to delete any hyphens or spaces in the number (this is for the same field in (2)).

So for example if the component number is:

095-12-6567 7

I need to be able to convert it to:

*0951265677*

Please note that the space or hyphen may not always be present...

Thanks in advance...1 Give more details
2 Create a formula having the code
"*" & {field} & "*" and place it in the details section
(3) Create formula having the code
replace({field},"-","")|||Hi

Thanks for the help - that works like a charm :)

WRT item 1.

In design view everything is invisible, I cannot see text boxs or anything similar. When I lasso everything I see a blue dashed outline showing where it is. I then click at random, somewhere close to the box that I wish to edit/move until I hit the correct one.

When I populate the report with actual data everything (even empty fields) becomes visible|||Did you check this in Preview mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment