Friday, February 24, 2012

AMO: Could I processfull on a measuregroup ONLY?

hi, friends,

I add/delete a measure in AMO. I want to know I need to processfull the whole cube or ONLY the measuregroup that associated?

Thanks!

I am quoting the Darren Gospbell's Reply to this quetion raised earlier in this forum:

"If you add a measure you are changing the structure of the cube which will invalidate the cube, the easiest way to get the cube "fully operational" again would be to do a processFull. The same thing applies when removing a measure.

Thanks

Subhash Subramanyam

|||

You mean that I need to process the WHOLE cube?

But I only process the measuregroup associated to the measure I just added, and no error reported.

I still think I need only to process the measuregroup associated.

What do you think?

Thanks.

|||

You only need to process the MeasureGroup. It is true that adding or removing a measure is a structural change that would clear the data (so re-processing is required), but the MeasureGroup is the most immediate parent containing the Partitions (who store the actual data) and Aggregations (who would need to be re-generated), so processing just the MeasureGroup should be enough.

But when saving the MeasureGroup (because you deleted the Measure), you might need to re-save the entire cube (with the ExpandFull option passed to the Update method) if you have Perspectives objects using that Measure.

Adrian Dumitrascu

|||

Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment