Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Server Database has errors. Cant delete, can't view

I tried to import a abf file in my Analysis Services using the wizard. It didn't succeed completely as I ran out of disk space. However it left my AS database in inconsistent state. I can't view anything. Can't delete anything. The entire AS is unusable at the moment. I get the following error.

"Errors in metadata manager. The dimension with ID of v_Contract, Name of Contract referenced by 'GPC GL Cube' does not exist......"

Please let me know how to restore my AS so that I can retry importing the database.

Thanks,

Ashish

I was able to remove the database. I had to stop the AS and delete the physical folders. Then restarted the AS and I was able to delete the Databases.

Hope this helps someone else because I spent some time trying to figure this out.

Ashish

No comments:

Post a Comment