Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Analysis Services 2000 + Reporting Services 2005 + Parameters

Hi All,

I'm trying to create reports in RS2005 using AS2000 as my data source. I understand that if I use RS2005 on AS2000, I wont be able to enjoy the OLAP based parameters as in using AS2005. Does anyone know an easy way to easily use Parameters in RS2005 while still using AS2000?

Regards,

Joseph

I don't think I've tried RS 2005 against AS 2000, but my best bet is that you create an OLE DB connection against your cube, and then learn how to write MDX.

You need to create MDX queries for the parameters that you want to get from your OLAP cube as well as the main query.

All parameterized queries need to be prefixed with =" and ended with ", and to be on one line. (Copy into notepad, turn off word wrap and make it stay on one single line.)

I suggest you read through some articles by Bill Pearson over at Databasejournal.com

Mastering OLAP Reports: Parameters for Analysis Services Reporting ...

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3644661

Mastering OLAP Reporting: Cascading Prompts

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/3386441

At least one of them should get you started.

Kaisa

No comments:

Post a Comment