Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis service: pb when archiving/restoring from 1 machine to another

I have to install cubes on another machine (not on the same site/NT domain).
I have archived the OLAP db and generated a .cab file.

I have retored on the destination server.
It works fine in Analysis Manager console (I can process and lokk at the data).
But when I want to access the cube from Excel using OLAP cube, I have an error msg.

Is there something I need to do on the distination server ?
Langage, SP, role, version of SQLServer/Analysis services ...

ThanksWhat is the error message that you get?|||In Excel: (translated from French)
"OLAP cube not found
OLAP database ha been modified or you do not have necessary authorisation to connect to the cube
Contact your database admin"

It has something to do wuth SSPI authentication ?|||It could have something to do with the access rights...
I once saw something similar to this, and then the problem was solved by adding the user account to the OLAP admin group.

No comments:

Post a Comment