Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Analysis Services - Step by Step: Errors related to feature availability and configuration

On page 56 of SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services Step by Step, I tried to DEPLOY the project, and it failed with this msg:

Errors related to feature availability and configuration: The 'Measure expressions' feature is not included in the 'Standard Edition' SKU.

Is it because of my Standard Edition? If it is, could I change the 'Measure expressions' some how to get by this msg and go on with the book?

Yes, you are running into this situation because you working against Standard edition of SQL Server Analysis Services.

You can install free trial edition from http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/trial-software.mspx. It has full set of features for you to comlete any tutorial.

As for the steps described in the book, or how to work around them. You should point your questions to the authors of the book.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

Thanks Edward. I'll try with the trial edition.

I was also trying to post the question to the authors, but I could not find the link to it.

|||

Hi mate

I have the same problem. Could you tell me how to fix this issue please. I'm using SQL 2005 standand version. Does it cause the problem? Please tell me as soon as possible.

thank you in adv

Wen Ou

|||I have the same problem. I am also interested in a fix, not the trial version. Could someone please let me know how to change the configuration of the cube.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment