Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Analysis Services

How do you grant just read access to the cube data to an end user?

Thanks, Edwina Derrick

Are you talking about a writeback cube? In that case just disable it in the role the user belongs to.

|||Nope - just read for any dimension. I have tried all combinations and end up giving all access to the cube for them to be able to read the data.

Thanks, Edwina Derrick|||

You are aware of the security features with roles and such in AS?

|||I am not sure I understand what you mean by security features with roles and such in AS.
I set up a role and gave them read access to the dimensions. This was not enough. I gave them read access to everything and they still couldn't view the data. Once I granted full administrator rights to the cube they could read the data.

Thanks, Edwina Derricksql

No comments:

Post a Comment