Thursday, March 22, 2012

analysis server

I am getting following deployment fail error when I try to deploy the
cube on the server:
"Error 1 The project could not be deployed to the
'myserver_2005'
server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection
cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is
running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-
click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties,
click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the
server. 0
0 "
How do I start the analysis server so that I can deploy the cube? I
have already manually started the analysis server and browser is
running. How do I connect to the analysis server using SSMS? I am
getting an error when I use SSMS to connect to analysis server 'a
connection can not be made to the redirector. Make sure that 'sql
browser service' is running'. I made sure. Any ideas?On Sep 18, 10:54 am, SB <othell...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am getting following deployment fail error when I try to deploy the
> cube on the server:
> "Error 1 The project could not be deployed to the
> 'myserver_2005'
> server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection
> cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is
> running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-
> click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties,
> click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the
> server. 0
> 0 "
> How do I start the analysis server so that I can deploy the cube? I
> have already manually started the analysis server and browser is
> running. How do I connect to the analysis server using SSMS? I am
> getting an error when I use SSMS to connect to analysis server 'a
> connection can not be made to the redirector. Make sure that 'sql
> browser service' is running'. I made sure. Any ideas?
Okay this may be a bug. Can anyone please point me to a link how do I
fix this? I have already installed sp2.|||Why are you starting a new thread with a question you've already asked?
Look at my response to your original post.
ML
--
Matija Lah, SQL Server MVP
http://milambda.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment