Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Service Manager

I give up, how do you start the Analysis Manager? SSAS is installed and running, but I just can't seem to find the button/shortcut/whatever to start the manager.

If you are using SSAS 2005, you should use SQL Server Management Studio and connect to Analysis Services to view server objects

For development, you will have to use BIDS (BI development studio - Visual studio 2005)

|||Thanks, but how do I get to a 2K database?|||If u r using AS 2000, then I guess it would be better to use Analysis Manager. It should be under Programs ==> Microsoft SQL Server.|||I have to support both 2000 (legacy) and 2005 AS. However, I can't have both Services installed at the same time, which is why I'm trying to use SSAS 2005.|||

You can have both services installed at the same time.

You have to install AS2k as the default (unnamed instance) as it does not support named instances.

You then install AS2k5 as a named instance, on my machine I have it setup as localhost\SQL05. But you still need both sets of admin tools Analysis Manager for AS2k and Management Studio and BI Dev Studio for AS2k5. You cannot administer both versions from a single tool.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment