Tuesday, March 27, 2012

analysis services 2000 error "cannot access registry on server(servername) or you are not a

I recently had to reinstall AS2000. Since then , if i dont run the service under the local account i get a "could not access registry on (localserver) or analysis you are not part of Olap administrators group on this server" error.


I am in the sql server admins group, and the olap admins group, as is the service account I want to run AS2000 under. I have granted admin access explicitly to the Hikey_local_machine\ software\microsoft\olap server registry entries, to the service account and my account.


I have installed AS2000 SP3a and rebooted the machine. I am still stuck with the error. When i check the "actual permissions" of my account, and the service account to run the AS service under, they have full admin permission to the machine.

If i run it under "local System Account" it works, but i need to run it under the service account.

All google tells me is to install sp 3a, which i have done twice, to no avail.


Has anyone solved this bug, or do they know the reason for it?

Hello! If you have AS2000 on a separate server and the administration console on another workstation you can check that they have the same service pack installed.

I also know, from experience, that this problem problem can appear if the pasword for the service account have extended its time limit.

Any firewalls between workstations and the server?

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||hi. thanks for replying. Im working exclusively off the server, not connecting from another pc. no firewalls in use in the domain either.

No comments:

Post a Comment