Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Service on 2005

I'm trying to create a Cube on analysis services, but do not see any
realtions in the diagram between my selected tables. The tables use indexes
rather than primary keys. Do you have any suggestions about how I can specify
the relations from Analysis Services.
Thanksdo you talk about the DSV (data source view) schema?
the system can detect relationships based on column names, you have an
option which allow you to change the way visual studio will detect the
relationship between the tables.
but this works BEFORE you add tables in the DSV
after this you have to manually create the links in the DSV. (its a simple
drag&drop)
"dbach" <dbach@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E0F20189-17FC-443D-8348-2CC63172F0FD@.microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to create a Cube on analysis services, but do not see any
> realtions in the diagram between my selected tables. The tables use
> indexes
> rather than primary keys. Do you have any suggestions about how I can
> specify
> the relations from Analysis Services.
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment