Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Server not working with MSDE SQL Server

I installed Visual Studio .NET v.1.0 and the included MSDE version of
SQL Server. I have an additional copy of MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
Ed. on CD. I installed Microsoft Analysis Services from this CD on my
machine with MSDE SQL Server; it appeared to install cleanly.
I ran Analysis Manager from the Start menu under Windows XP Pro. The
local SQL Server showed red block indicating the server was not
running. I tried to connect, and got the following error message:
Unable to connect to the registry on the server (myserver_name), or you
are not a member of the OLAP Administrators group on this server.
Does anyone know the problem here? I was wondering whether I had to
install MS SQL Server enterprise ed. to use Analysis Server with it,
rather than more limited MSDE version of SQL Server ?!
Thanks all.
Fred Z.
hi Fred,
silversw2000@.yahoo.com wrote:
> I installed Visual Studio .NET v.1.0 and the included MSDE version of
> SQL Server. I have an additional copy of MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise
> Ed. on CD. I installed Microsoft Analysis Services from this CD on my
> machine with MSDE SQL Server; it appeared to install cleanly.
> I ran Analysis Manager from the Start menu under Windows XP Pro. The
> local SQL Server showed red block indicating the server was not
> running. I tried to connect, and got the following error message:
> Unable to connect to the registry on the server (myserver_name), or
> you are not a member of the OLAP Administrators group on this server.
> Does anyone know the problem here? I was wondering whether I had to
> install MS SQL Server enterprise ed. to use Analysis Server with it,
> rather than more limited MSDE version of SQL Server ?!
> Thanks all.
> Fred Z.
I do not think Analysis Service is supported on MSDE..
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.10.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.56.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment