Sunday, March 25, 2012

analysis service package question

I'm working on a new analysis package using VS 2005, I am able to create the package and cube, etc, but when I go to the Calculation tab for the cube I'm getting the following error message "Unexpected Error occurred: 'Error in application' "

now I uninstalled and reinstalled VS .NET 05 twice, and even uninstalled and reinstalled SQL Server on my box and I'm still getting the error message.

What is causing this error and how can I fix it?

Have you got Office 2007 installed? See:

http://geekswithblogs.net/darrengosbell/archive/2006/11/17/97367.aspx

HTH,

Chris

|||No i don't, I have office 03 installed|||

Hmm, possibly something else has caused the same problem. I'd still go through the steps described to see if it stops the error if I were you...

Chris

|||

I'm getting ready to go through them now actually.

I'll post how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment