Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Analysis Services

I was at a Microsoft sales presentation last week for the new version
of SQL Server, Yukon. They had an extensive presentation on SQL
Server and Reporting Services but didn't mention Analysis Services.
When I asked about the future of the product the MS Sales rep couldn't
give me any info. When I looked at the big product chart I got at the
presntation, Analysis Services wasn't on it. There was just box
refering to Reporting Services and XML. Does anyone know what or if
there is a future for Analysis Services?BruceGilpin (brucegilpin@.ameritech.net) writes:
> I was at a Microsoft sales presentation last week for the new version
> of SQL Server, Yukon. They had an extensive presentation on SQL
> Server and Reporting Services but didn't mention Analysis Services.
> When I asked about the future of the product the MS Sales rep couldn't
> give me any info. When I looked at the big product chart I got at the
> presntation, Analysis Services wasn't on it. There was just box
> refering to Reporting Services and XML. Does anyone know what or if
> there is a future for Analysis Services?

I'm not into Analysis Services myself, but on the Yukon events I have
been, there have been plenty of sessions about Analysis Services, so
I'm confident to say that it has a bright and lively future.

--
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se

Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techin.../2000/books.aspsql

No comments:

Post a Comment