Thursday, March 22, 2012

Analysis Server 2005 question

Hi all,
My apologies if this is off-topic in this N.G. but I'm stumped on this one!
I'm playing around with Analysis Server 2005 and specifially the Business
Intelligence Studio.
I've managed to get a basic cube setup and am playing around in the browser
tab of studio and really like the capabilities.
Heres my problem:
Thusfar, I've looked all over but found no activeX control or anything
similar to the browser I refferred to above. Is there any client-side gui
like that browser that I could use in a web-based application. I can't
believe Microsoft would provide such good server-side tools without a
corresponding client-side gui-type browser (I do believe the end goal of
cube creation is for the end user).
Is there any client-side way for me to do this or do I have to pay a fortune
for a 3rd party solution?
If I do have to pay for a solution then to anyone from MS reading this -
thanks for nothing.
Regards
John.The typical way for an end-user to browse a cube is using the pivot table
feature of Excel.. It allows them to connect to a cube and browse the data
similiar to what you see in the intelligence studio. With 2005 there is
also a sharepoint web part that allows this. There may be other controls
(Do a net search on pivot tools or something similiar)
"John" <a@.b.com> wrote in message
news:ebRD2Hj6FHA.2040@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> My apologies if this is off-topic in this N.G. but I'm stumped on this
one!
> I'm playing around with Analysis Server 2005 and specifially the Business
> Intelligence Studio.
> I've managed to get a basic cube setup and am playing around in the
browser
> tab of studio and really like the capabilities.
> Heres my problem:
> Thusfar, I've looked all over but found no activeX control or anything
> similar to the browser I refferred to above. Is there any client-side gui
> like that browser that I could use in a web-based application. I can't
> believe Microsoft would provide such good server-side tools without a
> corresponding client-side gui-type browser (I do believe the end goal of
> cube creation is for the end user).
> Is there any client-side way for me to do this or do I have to pay a
fortune
> for a 3rd party solution?
> If I do have to pay for a solution then to anyone from MS reading this -
> thanks for nothing.
> Regards
> John.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment