Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Server Repository

Ok .. I know it is my mistake ...
I deleted the Analysis Server Repository database from my development server ...
Is there a way to rebuild it from the files ...
Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you have a backup?|||Hmm ... you must be wondering what kind of DBA I am ..

Well ... it was the development server i was asked to clean up ...

And along with the database I deleted the backups too ...|||Originally posted by Enigma
Hmm ... you must be wondering what kind of DBA I am ..

Well ... it was the development server i was asked to clean up ...

And along with the database I deleted the backups too ...

Enigma

Can you clarify that the Analysis Repository was running as a SQL database? I under the impression that the repository is normally an access database which you can upgrade to SQL and if upgraded is then stored in MSDB.|||Yup .. you are right ...

However the repository can be configured to run from a SQL DB also|||Originally posted by Enigma
Yup .. you are right ...

However the repository can be configured to run from a SQL DB also

Mmm sorry Engima but I think that without backups you might be in trouble. I take it there was no tape/file backup of the backup files.|||the repository should be configured to run from a SQL DB

After installing AS you should Migrate Repository

No comments:

Post a Comment