Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Analysis Services

Hi All,
I have an issue registering a server using Analysis Manager, whenever I try
I get a fairly generic error saying:
'the server is either not started or too busy'.
I am running SQL 2000 Server/Analysis Services both with SP4 on a Windows
2003 Server Enterprise box. This server is running IIS 6.0, Project Server
2003, Sharepoint Services 2.0 in addition to SQL 2000. I am trying to
register this server to allow me to migrate the Analysis Services Repository
to a SQL database but so far to no avail.
Any advice or assistance anyone can offer would be most appreciated.
Regards,
Darren King
Hellow Darren. I too was trying to get Analysis Services up and running for
the purpose of using the portfolio modeling etc. on Project Server. It is a
funny coincidence that we ran into similar problems. I've finally gotten this
stuff working after much bumbling around. I uninstalled and re-installed
Analysis Services 4 -5 times, with each install presenting its own strange
results. The reason I am sending you this reply is assuming this last
installation holds up, I could review with you my install and the settings
that I am using and perhaps that will get you past your present hurdles. It
is often difficult to diagnose using these forums. If you care to send me an
email at
johnca@.asg.com and we can set up a time to converse about your situation.
If you have already resolved your problems, then no need to reply.
"Darren King" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have an issue registering a server using Analysis Manager, whenever I try
> I get a fairly generic error saying:
> 'the server is either not started or too busy'.
> I am running SQL 2000 Server/Analysis Services both with SP4 on a Windows
> 2003 Server Enterprise box. This server is running IIS 6.0, Project Server
> 2003, Sharepoint Services 2.0 in addition to SQL 2000. I am trying to
> register this server to allow me to migrate the Analysis Services Repository
> to a SQL database but so far to no avail.
> Any advice or assistance anyone can offer would be most appreciated.
> Regards,
> Darren King
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment