Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Server 2005 to create new data sources for new database

I am working with SQL Server Analysis server 2005 beta 2 (CPT MAY). I was trying to add a new database. I followed the same step like Analysis server 2000. Where I create the new database and select the data soruces tree node for chosing the new data source. However, after creating the database in analysis server 2005, I can see Data Sources Tree node but when I right click and look for new data source property, it is not there. I can only see the Refresh property.
So I am just wandering is it my installation or configuration problem or is there other way to add new data source to a brand new database.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.Niaz, did you get an answer to this? In SQL2k, the administration and development functions were combined in one UI - Analysis Manager. In SQL 2K5 the development functions have been put in Business Intelligence Development Studio (aka Visual Studio) and the administrative functions in SQL Server Management Studio.

You probably figured this out long ago...

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment