Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Server database stop responding...

Hi, everyone, I'm new in SSAS... Yesterday I mapped a new hierachy to a perspective and then the database died... I tried to connect to it in Visual Studio and open it in Management Studio, however, neither responsed, then the delay notification appeared... Database engine and analysis service are alright, the tables are quite small (less then 50MB).

Dose anyone have ideas about this? Thanks a lot.

The version of my SQL Server is 9.00.2047.00, runs on Windows 2003 Server SP1.

Suspect your data got corrupted somehow.

Try stopping Analysis Server. Delete files from the database folder in the Analysis Server data folder.

Then start the server again and try re-deploying the project again.

Edward Melomed.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

Ed:

Thanks for your reply. I think I've found the reason. This is not caused by my modifications on the SSAS db, one of our databases grew too fast and makes the server running slowly, our DBA has solved this problem.

regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment