Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Analysis Services & Default Value

Is it possible to define a default value for each a parameter also in a dataset?

I have a dataset with a parameter from the dimension Time. I would like to change the default value from the parameter. I tried to create a dataset to get the current year unique name, but if I set it in the parameter dialog it does not recognize the value.

I have a dataset in a report with the parameter Year from the dimension Time.

In the dataset I have to select a default value for the parameter. There is no other option.

In the reports parameters list I can specify a default value. This is not recognized, if it does not mach previous one.

Is it possible to set the default value of such a parameter to the current year value?

No comments:

Post a Comment