Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Service stops soon after starting

Hi all,

I'm quite new to MS SQL server. I downloaded the Evaluation version of 2005 recently. I tried installing it. Partially I succed. I'm able to get all other services running but for the "Analysis service" when I try to start it from control pannel, It starts and stops immedieatly with a message "It started and stopped immedieatly.....". I'm not able to figure it out why.

I've Vista Business edition and I've installed the SP2 for the SQL 2005 as well. Any directions would be helpful

Best regards,

Markish

Hello. When you start Management Studio or BI_Dev Studio you can right click on them and choose "Run as administrator", provided that you are an administrator on you machine.

Vista also requires SP1 for Visual Studio and an additional update. From my memory I also think that you will need SQL Server SP2. Have you installed these updates?

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've installed SQL SP2. I doubt If I have the SP1 for the Visual Studio. (I'll install it today anyhow...Smile) I'm running as an administrator only. I'll update you on the status.

Best regards,

Markish

|||

Hi Markish, Were you able to solve this problem? If so, pls let know how it happenned. I face the same issue, posted here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2113409&SiteID=1

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment