Sunday, March 25, 2012

Analysis Service Deployment Error

Hi,

I created a SQL Server 2005 Analysis Service project. When I tried to deploy a standard Decision Tree model, it gave me errors (see below). Clearly, I can't use ntext data type with DISTINCT, but how can I change the SQL command since it was automatically created? What was the final impact of removing the DISTINCT word from the SQL command?

SQL queries 1
SELECT DISTINCT [dbo_Training_x0020_Data].[Hellos] AS [dbo_Training_x0020_DataHellos0_0]

FROM [dbo].[Training Data] AS [dbo_Training_x0020_Data]

Error Messages 1
OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: The ntext data type cannot be selected as DISTINCT because it is not comparable.; 42000.

Please assist!

MaryYou can change the data type in the DSV, or add a calculated DSV column that casts the ntext to text

No comments:

Post a Comment