Thursday, March 22, 2012

analysis manager question - cube

Hi!
I have a large table (5 Million records) and want to make a cube with 20
dimensions on that.
That 20 dimensions are from 3 other tables (150000 records, 500 records,
200000 records) joined with my large table and 10 dimensions from my large
table.
That tables are daily truncated an new data records are imported with dts
jobs.
Now I build a view on sqlserver 2000 with that tables joined another.
Than I build an analysis manager my cube based on that view. My 20
dimensions I created in that cube directly (new dimension) also based every
one on that sqlserver 2000 view.
Now my questions:
1. is there a better way to create my cube and dimensions?
2. what must I with my cube and dimensions do that on the next day my new
records are also in the cube?
Thanks for ideas!Hi Hubert,
Microsoft recommends to create views on which the dimensions and facts is to
be build.Create the views with the same level of data grain and build dimen
sions.
Once the dimensions and facts table are joined together, process the cube wi
th the "Full Process" option. For the new records to be appeared in the cube
, go for "Incremental update" or "Refresh Cube".
****************************************
******************************
Sent via Fuzzy Software @. http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP & ASP.NET
resources...

No comments:

Post a Comment